This plan is based on the directives issued by Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India wherein all the Indian emigrants going abroad for employment purposes with ECR (Emigration Check required) endorsement on their passport have to compulsorily enroll for this insurance plan . It offers special fortification to such Nonresident Indian who are residing abroad for employment purpose. Being away from home country and working in different geographic conditions, make them prone to various kinds of risks and health hazard.
The key features of Oriental Pravasi Bharti Bima Yojana Plan are
- Capital Sum of Rs. 10.00 lacs in the episode of accidental death or permanent disablement or loss of employment abroad due to injury or temporary or permanent disablement.
- Add on benefit of medical family floater plan of Rs. 50,000/- for the family of the policyholder residing in India consisting of spouse and two dependent children up to 21 years of age.
- One way Economy Class airfare for sudden job loss where the policyholder falls sick or is declared medically unfit to commence or continue or resume working and the service contract is terminated by the foreign employer within the fist twelve months of taking the insurance cover.
- In case of death , besides the cost of transporting the dead body , the cost incurred in economy class return air fare for the attendant will be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement of repatriation or other transport expenses if he /she is not received by the employer or if there is any substantive change in the job /Employment Contract /agreement, to the disadvantage of the policyholder , or if the employment is prematurely terminated within the period of employment from such arrival, for no fault of the policyholder.
- Rs 30, 000 / – as legal expenses reimbursement which the policyholder has incurred towards filing any legal suit in the country of employment provided the necessity of filing such case is certified by the appropriate ministry of that country against the foreign employer.
- Under this oriental health insurance plan, medical cover for amount up to Rs. 75,000/- as hospitalisation cover in case the insured while his stay in foreign country during the term, of employment has contract any disease or suffer from any illness or sustain any bodily injury through accident.
- Maternity benefit expenses to the policyholder Women Emigrant for an amount up to a maximum limit of Rs. 25,000/ –
Exclusions under Oriental Pravasi Bharti Bima Yojana
- Any pre existing disease till 2 years post commencement of the policy shall not be covered under the plan.
- Circumcision (unless necessary for treatment of a disease included hereunder or as may be necessitated due to any accident), vaccination, inoculation or change of life or cosmetic or of aesthetic treatment of any description, hair transplant, plastic surgery other than as may be necessitated due to an accident or as a part of any illness / disease.
- Oriental Health Insurance claim towards the ailment of any disease or accidental injury suffered during participation in dangerous sports/activities.
- Medical expenses incurred in the treatment of obesity, hormone replacement therapy, sex change , Genetic disorders, stem cell implantation and surgery.
- Any expense towards the personal comfort and convenience item services shall be refereed as non medical expense and hence not covered under the plan.
- Expenses on naturopathy, experimental or alternative medicine, acupressure, acupuncture, magnetic and similar therapies.
- Any expenses towards the injury caused in events of nuclear accident, war or any other event as a consequence to War, Invasion,
- Any dental treatment or surgery which is corrective, cosmetic or of aesthetic procedure, filling of cavity, root canal including wear and tear etc unless arising from disease or injury and which requires hospitalisation for treatment.
- Treatment for Cataracts, Benign prostatic hypertrophy, Hysterectomy, Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma, Hernia,Fitula of anus,Piles, Sinusitis, Asthma, Bronchitis, Ailments for all Psychiatric or Psychosomatic disorders are excluded under this plan.