Extra Care Plus Cover
Anyone who has ever driven a Car, knows the importance of a spare tyre. It comes really handy in case if any of your tyres gets punctured. Extra Care Plus, a Top-up Health cover, plays a similar role. It is the ‘stepney’ to your health insurance policy after you exhaust the sum insured limit.
A basic medical insurance policy covers you for health expenses up to the sum insured while a top-up plan covers costs after a certain threshold is reached. In the times of rising medical costs, Bajaj Allianz’s Extra Care Plus Policy acts as an additional cover to your existing health cover and provides wider health protection to you and your family. In case of higher expenses due to illness or accidents, the Extra Care Plus policy takes care of the additional expenses. It is important to consider the fact that with rising inflation a basic health insurance cover may not be adequate. At the same time, getting a large insurance cover may not be affordable. This policy is the perfect fit for a more expansive health insurance cover to take care of the rising health care expenses.
For example, when you are hospitalized, a basic health policy will cover you up to the sum insured limit. Extra Care Plus will kick in once you have exhausted this basic health insurance cover. It’ll pay for the claim amount over and above it. Hence, a top-up plan makes sense when you want to increase the cover without paying too much.
Note- Extra Care Plus policy can be taken even if you do not have a base health insurance plan
What Coverage Do I Get?
- In-patient Hospitalization cover
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses that occur 60 days prior to hospitalization or 90 days after hospitalization.
- Organ Donor Expenses
- Emergency road ambulance cover
- Covers expenses for all day care treatments
Key Benefits of Extra Care Plus
- Floater policy for proposer/spouse/dependent children/dependent parents (dependent parents under same policy)
- Entry age from 91 days to 80 years
- Access to cashless facility at over 6000+ empanelled hospitals across India (subject to exclusions and conditions)
- Wide range of aggregate deductible options*
- No pre-policy medical tests up to 55 years of age (subject to clean proposal form)
- Pre-existing disease covered after 12 months from your first Extra Care Plus policy
- Life time renewal option
- Free look period of 15 days
- Free health check-up
- Income tax benefit under 80 D of the IT Act**
- Health CDC benefit – quick claim settlement through app*
Extra Care Plus policy pays the hospitalization expenses incurred above the aggregate deductible opted by you.
Exclusions and waiting period
- We are not liable for claim(s) amount falling within aggregate deductible limit as opted for and mentioned on the policy schedule
- Benefits will not be available for any Pre-existing condition, ailment or injury, which is declared on proposal form and accepted by us, until 12 months of continuous coverage have elapsed after the date of inception of the first Extra Care Plus policy with us. In case of enhancement of sum insured this Exclusion shall apply afresh only to the extent of the amount by which the limit of indemnity has been increased (i.e. enhanced sum insured) if the policy is a renewal of Extra Care Plus Policy without break in cover
- Any disease contracted and/or medical expenses incurred in respect of any disease/illness by the insured during the first 30 days from the commencement of the policy, except for accidental injuries.
- We will also not pay for claims arising out of or howsoever connected to the following for the first 12 months of Extra Care Plus policy:
- We shall not be liable to make any payment under this Policy in connection with or in respect of maternity expenses within first 12 months from the date of inception of the first Policy with us. However the 12 months waiting period would not be applicable in case of continuous renewal of Extra Care Plus Policy without break in cover.
- Any Medical Expenses of the new born baby
- Dental treatment or surgery of any kind unless requiring hospitalization and as a result of accidental Bodily Injury to natural teeth.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civilwar, commotion, unrest, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalization or requisition of or damage by or under the order ofany government or public local authority.